If you have an existing contact list or subscribers you want to transition into TractionNext they can be easily imported to Contacts, or a new or existing List.
There are some advanced options when you import your list which may need clarification. It can sometimes be helpful to review the definitions to know in more detail what options are available.
Import List Definitions:
Identifier Field: This is used as a primary key field for the account
Delimiter: This is to specify the format used in the CSV or text file
Date Format: This further confirms the date format involved
Insert new contacts: This facilitates the insertion of new contacts not already in the database or list
Update existing contacts: This will update the existing contacts with new data in the CSV file
Reject duplicates: This will remove duplicates in the file you are uploading
Skip empty field in file: This skips any empty field in the CSV file
Update Subscribe Status: This confirms the exact subscription status for the incoming contact record in the form of a selected radio button. There are 3 options. e.g., No Change, Subscribe and Unsubscribe
To import contacts:
- Click Contacts from the top menu
- Click Import Contacts from the menu on the left hand side.
- Choose Select File and browse your hard drive for your data file. Your file format must be CSV or text file.
- Once you've found your file, click Upload.
- Once the list is uploaded, an import setting page will be displayed.
Also, the Contact List Options are now included as a separate section below with 4 options –
- Import without a contact list: The contacts will go into the account contact database
- Import to an existing contact list: The contacts will be imported and merged with the existing list selected
- Import to a new contact list: The contacts will be imported to a new list
- Remove from Contact List - This removes the contacts from the existing list in the platform based on the contact record data in the imported list file.
Any Contacts imported into the database will automatically be added to any existing Segments you have set up.
- The next step is to map your data file to the data fields in TractionNext. There is a mapping table with two columns with heading 'Column header' and 'Map to field'. These two columns map the CSV or text file data column to the contacts' fields in the platform so it can recognize the data. If TractionNext cannot automatically map the columns of the data file to the platform, then a “don't import this field” message will be displayed in the Map to field column.
- If it is just the naming convention that is different you can import this field by mapping it to an existing one in the platform by selecting the relevant field in the drop down menu.
- Once you've mapped in your fields you can click "Import contacts" button.
- TractionNext will return a list of all recent imports and their status. You can click Detail at the right-hand side if you want to review edit any import errors.
Mapping data fields that do not exist in TractionNext:
- You can import a new field by clicking on the 'Create new field' button on the right of the window.
- A window will appear, select the field type and enter the field name, click save.
- Once you've mapped in your fields you can click Start Import.
- TractionNext will return a list of all recent imports and their status. You can click Detail at the right hand side if you want to review edit any import errors.
You can also add contacts already within the database to existing Lists. To do this for individual contacts, simply search for the contact in the Contacts section, then you can View that contact record and add the list name under the Lists tab on the contact record.
To add a bulk group of people who are already within the database to an existing list, go to the Contacts section and run an Advanced Search, defining your criteria of the contacts you'd like to add, search for them and then select Add all results to a contact list.
Import Queue: This brings in the new option to allocate the file that has to be imported. Moreover, this option allows the user to go in for the preferential selection regarding the file that has to be imported
© Copyright 2019 by Ovato Technology Pty Ltd