It is important to keep SMS messages short and concise, including only the important detail as there is a limited number of characters that can be used.
There is a limit of 160 characters including punctuation and spaces.
How to create Content for SMS campaigns:
- Click on Campaigns in the top menu bar
- Click on SMS in the left menu pane
- Click on Drafts
- You will need to complete the Details tab before you can create Content
- Click the Content tab
- Enter the SMS message details in the "SMS Content" text box
- The character count will be tracked as you type and also show the characters remaining.
- You can personalize the message using the drop-down menu to the right (This will also count towards characters used).
- To send a test SMS type a mobile number in the 'Test SMS to:' field and click the blue "Send Tests" button.