Scheduling a report is a handy way to automatically download reports taking the hassle out of logging in and searching for relevant reports or remembering to do it along with all the other distractions in the day! If you want to schedule reports to automatically download and/or send download alert by email over a certain time period you can set this up here.
Custom reports can be accessed at on demand reports.
We recommend you send files by FTP to protect your data from potential outside security threats, however you have the option to switch this on or off depending on your preference.
Scheduled Reports Details definitions:
Name: This is the name you create, make sure to include detail that will make searching and identifying the report easy
Status: Select this to make the report schedule Active or Inactive
Description: Optional – you can add notes that may be useful to the wider team
Schedule: Select from the drop down menu for period
Time to export: Set the download/send time
Scheduled Reports Export Settings definitions:
System Reports: Select from the standard reports in the drop-down menu
Enable Incremental: It allows a user to generate a report on a certain interval from its start date. It also allow change to backdate to previous date. It works only with System Report that has Start Date and End Date.
StartDateTime (DateTime): The date you want the series of scheduled downloads/sends to begin
EndDateTime (DateTime): The date you want the series of scheduled downloads/sends to complete.
Custom Reports: Select the radio button and select from the drop-down menu
When the feature is on, there will be no End Date required;
The End Date will be the Schedule report generated that is setup on the detail tab.
So that every time the report runs, it will generate a report only for that period, the State Date will then be updated to the last generated report. In order to do “back date”, you can change the start date to the time before so that the next schedule report will include data from that date.
Scheduled Reports FTP Details definitions:
Enable FTP Option: Click to switch this on or off
Server: Enter the domain name of the server that will be receiving the download
Username & Password: Enter user details here to allow access
Key File (Optional): The Upload Key File allow a client who uses only private key for sftp credential to use our system to schedule a report to their SFTP. In other words, this allows users to schedule reports using a Key File as an alternative to authentication using username/password.
Folder Location: Enter the file directory location where you want the file to appear on the server
Filename (Optional): You can choose a location file name here
Scheduled Reports Notification definitions:
Email notification: Click to switch this on or off
Email: Enter the recipient email address. Separate multiple email addresses with coma
Subject: Enter the Email subject line here
Success message: E.g.: The scheduled report "Top Performing Campaigns" has successfully downloaded to the file
Failure message: E.g.: The scheduled report "Top Performing Campaigns" has failed to download please investigate.
How to schedule a report for download to FTP & Email alert to recipient:
- Select Reports from the top menu
- Click Scheduler in the left menu
- Click green Create button
- Complete the details tab with the relevant details and click the Status button to make Active
- Complete the export settings tab – select System Reports (standard) or Custom Reports
- Complete the FTP Details tab
- If you want to enable the report to send via FTP select ON for Enable FTP Option
- If you want to activate email notifications complete the final tab and enable.
- Click the blue save button
On Demand Reports
Come here to easily search and run standard or custom reports on demand.
How to run an On Demand Report:
- Select Reports from the top menu
- Click scheduler in the left menu
- Click On Demand Reports
- Click the green 'Run A Report Now' button at the top of the window
- Create a name for the report
- Select custom or system reports & set the date range
- Click the blue 'Run Report button'
- Go back to the Scheduled Reports page to see your report in the list
- You can download or delete the report from here