How to set up A/B Testing on an campaign
Use A/B Testing if you want to compare results for alternative subject lines or 'from address'. This is recommended to work out what generates the best email deliverability and open rate results.
One of the unique benefits of A/B testing is the ability to minimise risk with headlines that may send your emails to spam filters, such as using CAPS or words like; "sale", "free", "rich" or "deal" these have a higher likelihood of being flagged by spam filters.
Our data shows there can be differences of 10-20% in open rates based ONLY on changes to subject line. A/B Testing is very quick to set-up and it's worth a few minutes of your time to learn how!
- Select A/B Testing on the Details tab of the Email Campaign creation screen. You will notice the A/B Testing tab has appeared at the top.
- Select the A/B Testing tab. There are two options; configure the subject line and configure from details
- When the Subject line tab is selected, two text boxes "A" & "B" are displayed. The subject line for version "A" and "B" should be different. The subject line can be personalized with the contact fields.
- The same is true if you choose to do an A/B test of the From field.
- Click and drag the sliding bar in the Audience section to determine what % of your database will receive the tests and what percentage will receive the winning version.
- Further define the settings by entering 'test duration' time and selecting 'determine winner by.
- You can review scheduled A/B Tests by clicking on "A/B Test Scheduled" in the left menu.
Best open rate when selected will send email automatically to the rest of contacts based on best open rate after the test duration. Best click rate when selected will send email automatically to the rest of contacts based on best click rate after the test duration. Manual when selected will send email to the rest of contacts based on user's decision
Note: Manual A/B tests expire after 2 days if not launched within the period