The drag and drop email builder allows you to create forms by dragging and dropping content blocks.
Form Design definitions:
Tools: Shows all the field types you can use to create your forms.
Form: This is the form builder place holder where fields are placed to design the form
Form design advanced fields:
Date: This is a field that allows users to select the date from a calendar
Page Break: Insert this on the form to determine where you want one page to end, everything after the page break will be on the new page
Hidden Field: Field data will only be visible to the programmer receiving the data from the submitted form. The user will not be able to see this field on the form.
Terms: This is a check box for agreeing to terms and conditions, you can insert a link to the T&Cs in the Field Properties section.
Descriptive Text: This allows you to enter a block of text, not editable by the user. This is often used for intro and instructions.
ReCAPTCHA: security field to establish a user is human
Receipt upload: This feature can be used for capturing the data of a paper receipt/docket and used for further processing as per the need. For example, Scan receipt for a purchase you made at the store that can be then used as a proof of purchase.
Field Properties: This is used to set the properties for the fields that appear on the form. In this section you can name and label the fields you have dragged into the form as well as specify whether these are mandatory fields to be filled out.
- Label: This is where you create a name that appears in front of the field that appears on the form.
- Placeholder: Anything you type here appears as a grey field description placeholder on the form field.
- Name: Internal name field used when posting data.
- Insert Contact Fields and Lists (Tools): Select a contact list from the dropdown menu to link opt-in contacts back to a list. Click hide if you don’t want to show the label on the form to the end-user.
How to build a registration form:
- Select Content and Design tab
- Select Drag and Drop builder
- Select your contact fields from the list in the Tools section
- To add contacts to your contact list via this form, select the relevant Contact Lists in the Tools section.
- To collect data from fields that are not yet existing in the database, you will need to drag and drop the field types. To the right hand 'form' pane.
- Configure the properties of the field type by clicking on the field and in the properties section provide the Label and Name (remember the name should be unique for each field) and also indicate whether it is a required field by ticking the Required tick box.
- Create a Title for the form by typing into 'Field Properties' window
If the form field is a dropdown, radio button or tick box you will be asked to provide the Name (in Label field) and description (in Placeholder field) for these Choice options in the field properties section
To automatically add contacts to an existing contact list when they submit the form you will need to add the code added directly into HTML by using the HTML editor version.
How to create a branded form:
To apply a branded template to a form you must first create and upload a template in the Forms > Templates section of the menu. To learn more about Form templates and how to upload templates, please go to the Forms > Templates in the user guide.
- After completing all form Fields you can reskin the form to fit your branding.
- In the top left above the Tools section, you will find a drop-down list called Template.
- Choose the required template and click Save and close. If you do not choose a template, the form will be a white HTML page with the fields you have selected.