This is an advanced editor which is useful for developers and designers to fine tune creative elements, debug, test and preview the output as they design. You can paste content or type in the content. As the content is typed, the preview window in the right will be populated.
For ease of use, the HTML is color coded. When you select an area of your form on the preview side, you’ll be taken to that part of the code exactly on the code side. The same is true if you click on the code side – you will be taken to the part of the HTML which the code refers to. Any changes will be shown in real-time, so if you edit the code all changes will be dynamically reflected in the preview side and vice versa.
Unlike the email version of the HTML code editor, the forms HTML editor does not include menu fields, the forms can be edited purely by code only. There is no toggle bar and no option to create merge fields.
How to build an email using HTML code editor:
- Go to Forms tab in the top menu
- Click "Create form" button
- Complete the Details tab (this must be done before you can proceed)
- Click Content and Design tab
- Click the HTML code editor
- Edit content by entering HTML code in the left window of the split-screen, while you can preview the visual on the right side of the screen.
- Once you're done with editing just select Save from the top right and choose "Exit" (If you want to still edit after the save then click "continue editing").
- You can then copy the form URL from the bottom of the Preview window on any of the tabs and paste into your EDM or where ever you want the form link to appear.