1. What are contact Lists?
- Lists are a static group of contacts, separate from the database. Contact Lists are a chosen group of people that won't change unless you manually make a change or set up a form to feed new subscriber contacts into a list. You would use Lists as a way to define a group of recipients.
2. What is a Blocklist?
- A Blocklist is a suppression list, any contacts that are moved into the Blocklist will not receive any campaigns from the platform regardless of whether they are included in a Contact List.
- You can search, import, export and even unblock contacts in a Blocklist. When you add a contact to a Blocklist you can always unblock later if you need to, is not the same as deleting from the Contact database.
- If you get 3 consecutive soft bounces a contact will automatically be added to the Blocklist.
3. How to unblock a contact?
- Please perform the below steps to unblock a contact:
- Select Contacts in the top menu bar
- Select Blocklist in the left menu pane
- Select Search
- A search bar will appear. You can then search by email or by mobile numbers by clicking on either the Search emails or Search mobile numbers tab on top of the search bar.
- Click on Unblock.
4. What is the purpose of activity tab in contact details?
- This tab provides information on your contact's engagement with any activity sent from the platform such as whether your contact has been sent an email, opened an email or clicked a link etc.
5. How to create a contact list?
- Steps to create a new contact list:
- Navigate to contacts section in the top menu.
- Click on Contact lists in the left navigation menu.
- Click Create button.
- Provide List Name, Description and Tag (Description and Tag are optional).
- Save the list.
- Navigate back to the list page to confirm that the list is created.
6. How to add contacts to an existing List?
- To do this, simply search for the contact in the Contacts section, then you can View that contact record and add the list name under the Lists tab on the contact record.
7. What are Segments?
- Segments are a dynamic grouping of contact details, they hold criteria rather than a list of people, e.g.; "All males in NSW". A Segment will update the number of Contacts it returns in a search each time by running an updated search on the database and picking up all individuals who meet that criteria. Segments are dynamic fields and any Contacts in the data base will automatically be added to any existing Segments you set up, including new Contacts added to the data base after set up.
8. How to create a new Contact Field?
- Go to Contacts in top menu
- Select list Contact Fields from the left menu
- Click Create Field
- Create the Field Name (e.g.: University attended), Validation Type of the attribute (e.g.: None) and the Field Type (e.g.: Text).
9. What are the different types of validation for contact fields?
- There are three types of validation – None, Email and Mobile Number. Choosing email will validate value for correct email in accordance to RCF email standards (e.g. should have @, .com etc.). Choosing mobile number validation would check for valid mobile number based on country (currently supports AUS, IND, UK and SGP). Choosing None means there is no data validation on the incoming data coming into the platform.
10. What are identifiers?
- Fields marked identifiers will be used to identify the contact, e.g. Email or Name. It is a match key to identify if an incoming contact record is unique or already exists in the database.