This document describes the Passes feature in TractionNext. It covers the integration details; steps to add a Pass and details on how to use new features that have been added in Traction Next.
Passes & its use
Passes are used to generate Apple Wallet and Google Pay. It is integrated with Traction Next which enables the user to create the Wallet or Pay and use it in campaigns. It is located under the Campaigns section. After creating the Wallet or Pay, the user can insert the pass as URL links when creating campaigns. When a customer clicks the pass URL available in the email, the Apple Wallet or Google Pay will be added based on the device. If any content in the pass has been changed, a notification will be sent to the customer and the pass will be updated in the device.
Use case of Passes:
The user can create the pass template for their offers, events and gifts.
- The barcode is used in Pass templates.
- Customers are intimated with notification if anything changes in pass such as timings, offer details, etc..
- We can intimate the customer if he/she near to the locations where the shop or event is happening using the option beacons. This feature needs to be implemented.
Enable/Permission for Passes
To enable the pass feature in your account, please contact the TractionNext Support Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Pass Certificate Setup (Backend):
Login to TractionNext and go to ‘Account Settings’. Under the ‘Integrations’ menu, Look for the ‘Pass Certificates’ option and click it.
It will redirect to the Pass Certificates credentials page, Refer to the below image…
Default is the ‘Apple Wallet’.
Apple Wallet setup
To set up Apple Wallet, Certificate Password and Certificate need to be provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details with a ‘Delete’ button. Refer the below image…
Google Pay setup
To set up Google Pay, Service Account Id, Issuer Id, Application Name and Certificate need to be provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details. Refer the below image…
Note: Click here to create Google Pay Certificate
Once done, it will display the Service Account Id, Issuer Id, and Upload date details. Refer to the below image…
Passes Setup (Frontend):
It is available as a separate TAB/section on the main menu as shown below…
It will display the three sections as 'Draft', 'Live' & 'Stopped'.
How to create New Pass?
Click on the Create Pass button, select the Pass type for Apple Wallet and Google Pay, and click on the Continue button.
You can create either Apple wallet Pass or Google Pay Pass also. It is not mandatory to select the pass type from both.
Passes have three sections:
- Drafts: All the passes which are getting created will be stored.
- Live: All the passes which are Live will be stored.
- Stopped: All those passes who are either stopped or expired.
Select a theme and you will be redirected to the following screen…
Enter the values in the ‘Details’ tab and then click on 'Save and Continue' to move to the next tab ‘i.e. 'Content and Design'.
For Push update details, click here
Here enter all the required values for all the elements section for “Apple Wallet” as well as “Google Pay”.
Note: This step is to design your own pass. You can make it more friendly by providing all the values.
Refer to the above image, there is a new element added called 'Beacons' that is applicable for Apple Wallet Pass.
Beacon is added to your Mobile pass to show notification in the lock screen when the users are in the range of your beacon(s) i.e. Proximity sensing.
Where can it be used?
This feature can be used while configuring the Mobile Pass.
How to use it?
To use beacons in your mobile pass, you should have the following...
- Beacon device Or Beacon App for Apple (you can download it from App store)
- A maximum of 10 beacons can be configured for a Pass.
Beacon functionality is available for Apple wallet only.
Refer to the below image on how to configure.
Click on the ‘Add Beacon’ button.
The following details will display.
You need to enter the values for UUID, Major ID, Minor ID, Notification Text and Beacon name.
UUID and Notification Text are mandatory fields.
UUID The purpose of the UUID is to distinguish beacons in your network from all other beacons in networks outside your control. When you receive your beacons (Usually generated by beacon app), they will all have a common proximity UUID set, which will look something like: f7826da6-4fa2-4e98-8024-bc5b71e0893e
Major ID and Minor ID are unsigned integer values between 1 and 65535.
Major values are intended to identify and distinguish a group— for example, all beacons on a certain floor or room in your venue could be assigned a unique Major value.
Minor values are intended to identify and distinguish an individual—for example, distinguishing specific beacons within a group of beacons assigned a Major value.
Therefore, an individual iBeacon identifier could look like
Notification Text It is displayed as notification when the users in the range of your beacon.
Name It is the name of your beacon.
Note: While designing your pass, if both the fields (i.e. 'location' and 'Beacons') are configured then location notifications will have priority over beacons notifications,
How to test your beacons?
- Configure Beacon UUID and relevant text in your mobile wallet project and make it live and distribute.
- Download your passes in your Apple Mobile Wallet.
- Make sure your beacon is on and transmitting signals with the same configured UUID.
- Enter your iOS device into the range of your beacon.
- Your relevant text message will appear in your iOS device lock screen.
How to make your iOS device as Beacon?
To make your iOS device as beacon there are many apps available in the AppStore. For testing consider the GemTotSDK app.
- Go to AppStore and search for "GemTotSDK" and install it in your Apple device.
- Open the GemTotSDK and select beacon settings.
- Provide the Name, Major value and minor value.
- Leave Measured Power as Device Default.
- UUID will be shown in the gray text below the form. Using hard press you can copy this UUID into the clipboard.
- Make sure your device's Bluetooth is on and visible to others.
- Enable the Broadcast signal switch on the top of the settings tab.
- Your beacon device is ready and broadcasting signal now.
You can understand the above points by referring the following screen
After Beacon configuration click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button to create the form, landing page, email and SMS sections, and then move to “Barcodes’ Tab.
For Push update details, click here
Finally we have the 'Configuration' tab,
Here you need to activate the passes by clicking on “OFF” to change the state to “ON”. At last, you need to click on the ‘Save’ button to retain the changes. Refer to the above screen.
Now the passes are activated and ready.
In the Pass list page, There is a ‘Report’ button (as shown below).
Click on the 'Report' button to see display the following…
This graph provides details about the following…
- Total no. of devices downloaded the pass
- Total no. of devices installed the pass
- Total no. of devices removed the pass
In addition, this report can be
- Exported in Zip format
- Exported in PDF format.
Passes – Contact wise Push update notifications (Refer above image)
This feature has been added to your Mobile pass to push the notifications contact-wise. You would be able to send the update to one or many, earlier it was sent to all of them who had installed the pass.
If the contact has installed and then removed the pass then the ‘Push’ button won’t available for them.
This feature is available for the passes whose status is LIVE.
Clicking on the ‘Push’ button will send the update to particular contact only.
This feature can be used in case any details are changed for this contact related to this pass such as email address, mobile number, etc...
A pass can be duplicated the same as a campaign...
Click on Passes, Pass list will display, Click on dropdown 'Duplicate'. (Refer the below image to duplicate a pass.)
Passes with Grid view
To display the pass in Grid view, click on the 'Grid' icon displayed on the pass list page. Refer to the below image...
After clicking on the 'Grid' icon, passes will display in a grid view, Refer the following image...
How to attach Pass with a campaign?
Create a campaign.
While creating the campaign, in the “Content and Design” tab, Pass can be attached, Refer below…
Select any type of template i.e. Drag and Drop template and in the toolbar, click on Insert pass (shown in above pic). A link will be included in your campaign.
Now, Select the contact/segment and launch the campaign.
Usage of Pass
- The Passes should be created for both Apple Wallet and Google Pay. Create an SMS/ Email campaign.
- While creating the campaign, the pass can be attached to it.
- After the campaign is launched, the customer receives the email along with the pass URL in the email. Refer to the below image…
- When a customer clicks on the pass link, the Apple wallet or Google pay will get download based on the customer’s device. Example image displayed below…
Pass structure Explanation is given below…
If the pass URL clicked in Browser or some android device, it will display like (refer below screen)...
Either user can click on 'Save to Phone' to save it in their wallet Or scan the QR code added in Google pay ( Condition: when pass link opened in a browser through the android device, this QR code can be scanned through apple device and saved into the wallet directly)
Segmentation on Pass details
The following are the segmentation criteria applied to Passes…
Click on Contacts Menu -> Search Contacts. The following screen appears…
Click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button.
The following screen appears. Now select ‘Has Installed Pass’ from the first dropdown and from second 'Any Pass' with 'Any Date' and hit the ‘Search’ button.