This document describes the Passes feature in TractionNext. It covers the integration details; steps to add a Pass and details on how to use new features that have been added in Traction Next.
Passes & its use
Passes are used to generate Apple Wallet and Google Pay. It is integrated with Traction Next which enables the user to create the Wallet or Pay and use it in campaigns. It is located under the Campaigns section. After creating the Wallet or Pay, the user can insert the pass as URL links when creating campaigns. When a customer clicks the pass URL available in the email, the Apple Wallet or Google Pay will be added based on the device. If any content in the pass has been changed, a notification will be sent to the customer and the pass will be updated in the device.
Use case of Passes:
The user can create the pass template for their offers, events and gifts.
- The barcode is used in Pass templates.
- Customers are intimated with notification if anything changes in pass such as timings, offer details, etc..
- We can intimate the customer if he/she near to the locations where the shop or event is happening using the option beacons. This feature needs to be implemented.
Enable/Permission for Passes
To enable the pass feature in your account, please contact the TractionNext Support Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Pass Certificate Setup (Backend):
Login to TractionNext and go to ‘Account Settings’. Under the ‘Integrations’ menu, Look for the ‘Pass Certificates’ option and click it.
It will redirect to the Pass Certificates credentials page, Refer to the below image…
Default is the ‘Apple Wallet’.
Apple Wallet setup
To set up Apple Wallet, Certificate Password and Certificate need to be provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details with a ‘Delete’ button. Refer the below image…
Google Pay setup
To set up Google Pay, Service Account Id, Issuer Id, Application Name and Certificate need to be provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details. Refer the below image…
Note: Click here to create Google Pay Certificate
Once done, it will display the Service Account Id, Issuer Id and Upload date details. Refer the below image…
Passes Setup (Frontend):
It will be located under ‘Campaigns’ section…
How to create New Pass?
Click on the Create Pass button to redirect to the following screen…
Select any type e.g. Coupon from Apple and Offer will be selected from Android by default (Similar types). Click on the ‘Continue’ button to redirect to the following screen…
Enter the values in the ‘Details’ tab and move to the next tab ‘i.e. Content and Design.
For Push update details, click here
Here enter all the required values for all the elements section for “Apple Wallet” as well as “Google Pay”.
Note: This step is to design your own pass. You can make it more friendly by providing all the values.
Click on ‘Save and Continue’ button to move to “Activation’ Tab.
Note: Location tab is newly added in Passes.
Here you need to activate the passes by clicking on “Inactive” to change the state to “Active”. At last, need to click on the ‘Save’ button to retain the changes. Refer to the above screen.
Now the passes are activated and ready to attach with campaigns.
The last tab is Pass History
This will display the pass history, for example when the pass has been modified, Activation status, Barcode changes etc...
How to attach Pass with a campaign?
Create a campaign.
While creating the campaign, in the “Content and Design” tab, Pass can be attached, Refer below…
Select any type of template i.e. Drag and Drop template and in the toolbar, click on Insert pass (shown in above pic). A link will be included in your campaign.
Now, Select the contact/segment and launch the campaign.
Usage of Pass
- The Passes should be created for both Apple Wallet and Google Pay. Create an SMS/ Email campaign.
- While creating the campaign, the pass can be attached to it.
- After the campaign is launched, the customer receives the email along with the pass URL in the email. Refer to the below image…
- When a customer clicks on the pass link, the Apple wallet or Google pay will get download based on the customer’s device. Example image displayed below…
Pass structure Explanation is given below…
If the pass URL clicked in Browser or some android device, it will display like (refer below screen)...
Either user can click on 'Save to Phone' to save it in their wallet Or scan the QR code added in Google pay ( Condition: when pass link opened in a browser through android device, this qr code can be scanned through apple device and saved into the wallet directly)
Types of New Passes
There are new types of passes launched for Apple wallet as well as Google Pay,
The following screen displays the new Apple wallet passes...
Following screen displays new Google Pay passes...
- When you select Store card from Apple wallet, Gift card and Loyalty card will be available to select from Google pay. You can choose any of them (similar types).
- When you select Event ticket from Apple wallet, then nothing will be applicable from Google pay.
Segmentation on Pass details
Following are the segmentation criteria applied on Passes…
Click on Contacts Menu -> Search Contacts. The following screen appears…
Click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button.
The following screen appears. Now select ‘By Contact Activity’ from the first dropdown and ‘Has Installed Pass’ under 'Passes' and hit the ‘Search’ button.
It displays the following results. It shows the contact who has installed the pass successfully.
In the Pass list page, click on the ‘Report’ button (Rightmost button). It will display the following…
This graph provides the details about the following…
- How many apple devices downloaded the pass
- How many apple devices installed the pass
- How many apple devices removed the pass
- How many android devices downloaded the pass
- How many android devices installed the pass
- How many android devices removed the pass
- Total no. of devices downloaded the pass
- Total no. of devices installed the pass
- Total no. of devices removed the pass
In addition, this report can be
- Exported in Zip format
- Exported in PDF format.
Pass can be duplicated same as campaign...
Click on the Campaign menu -> Passes, Pass list will display, click on the 'Duplicate' option in the 'Edit' dropdown. (Refer the below image to duplicate a pass.)
Passes with Grid view
To display the pass in Grid view, click on 'Grid' icon displayed on the pass list page. Refer the below image...
After clicking on the 'Grid' icon, passes will display in a grid view, Refer the following image..