This document describes Passes feature in TractionNext. It covers the integration details; steps to add a Pass and details on how to use new features that have been added in Traction Next.
Passes & its use
Passes are used to generate Apple Wallet and Google Pay. It is integrated with Traction Next which enables the user to create the Wallet or Pay and use it in campaigns. It is located under the Campaigns section. After creating the Wallet or Pay, user can insert the pass as URL links when creating campaigns. When customer clicks the pass url available in the email, the Apple Wallet or Google Pay will be added based on the device. If any content in the pass has been changed, notification will be sent to the customer and the pass will be updated in the device.
Use case of Passes:
The user can create the pass template for their offers, events and gifts.
- The barcode are using in Pass templates.
- Customer are intimated with notification if anything change in pass such as timings, offer details etc..
- We can intimate the customer if he/she near to the locations where the shop or event is happening using the option beacons. This feature need to implement.
Enable/Permission for Passes
To enable the pass feature in your account, Go to Internal account settings page and enable the option "Mobile Wallet Pass Enabled".
Pass Certificate Setup (Backend):
Login to TractionNext and go to ‘Account Settings’. Under ‘Integrations’ menu, Look for the ‘Pass Certificates’ option and click it.
It will redirect to Pass Certificates credentials page, Refer the below image…
Default is the ‘Apple Wallet’.
Apple Wallet setup
To setup Apple Wallet, Certificate Password and Certificate need to provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details with a ‘Delete’ button. Refer the below image…
Google Pay setup
To setup Google Pay, Service Account Id, Issuer Id, Application Name and Certificate need to provided/uploaded. Once done, it will display the success message along with Pass type identifier, Certificate Expiry date and Upload date details. Refer the below image…
Note: Click here to create Google Pay Certificate
Once done, it will display the Service Account Id, Issuer Id and Upload date details. Refer the below image…
Passes Setup (Frontend):
It will be located under ‘Campaigns’ section…
How to create New Pass?
Click on the Create Pass button to redirect to following screen…
Click on the Start button.
Select any type e.g. Coupon from Apple and Offer will be selected from Android by default (Similar types). Click on ‘Continue’ button to redirect to following screen…
Enter the values in ‘Details’ tab and move to next tab ‘i.e. Content and Design.
For Push update details, click here
Here enter all the required values for all the elements section for “Apple Wallet” as well as “Google Pay”.
Note: This step is to design your own pass. You can make it more friendly by providing all the values.
Click on ‘Save and Continue’ button to move to “Activation’ Tab.
Note: Location tab is newly added in Passes.
Here you need to activate the passes by clicking on “Inactive” to change the state to “Active”. At last, need to click on ‘Save’ button to retain the changes. Refer above screen.
Now the passes are activated and ready to attach with campaigns.
Last tab is Pass History
This will display the pass history, for example when the pass has been modified, Activation status, Barcode changes etc...
How to attach a Pass with campaign?
Create a campaign.
While creating campaign, in “Content and Design” tab, Pass can be attached, Refer below…
Select any type of template i.e. Drag and Drop template and in tool bar, click on Insert pass (shown in above pic). A link will be included in your campaign.
Now, Select the contact/segment and launch the campaign.
Usage of Pass
- The Passes should be created for both Apple Wallet and Google Pay. Create an SMS/ Email campaign.
- While creating the campaign, the pass can be attached to it.
- After campaign launched, the customer receives the email along with the pass url in the email. Refer the below image…
- When customer clicks on the pass url, the Apple wallet or Google pay will get download based on the customer’s device. Example image displayed below…
Pass structure Explanation given below…
If the pass URL clicked in Browser or some android device, it will display like (refer below screen)...
Either user can click on 'Save to Phone' to save it in their wallet Or scan the QR code added in Google pay ( Condition: when pass link opened in browser through android device, this qr code can be scanned through apple device and saved into the wallet directly)
Types of New Passes
There are new types of passes launched for Apple wallet as well as Google Pay,
Following screen displays new Apple wallet passes...
Following screen displays new Google Pay passes...
- When you select Store card from Apple wallet, Gift card and Loyalty card will be available to select from Google pay. You can choose any of them (similar types).
- When you select Event ticket from Apple wallet, then nothing will be applicable from Google pay.
Segmentation on Pass details
Following are the segmentation criteria applied on Passes…
Click on Contacts Menu -> Search Contacts. Following screen appears…
Click on ‘Advance Search’ button.
Following screen appears. Now select ‘Measure’ from first dropdown and ‘Installed Pass’ from second dropdown and hit the ‘Search’ button.
It displays the following results. It shown the contact who has installed the pass successfully.
In Pass list page, click on ‘Report’ button (Rightmost button). It will display the following…
This graph provides the details about the following…
- How many apple devices downloaded the pass
- How many apple devices installed the pass
- How many apple devices removed the pass
- How many android devices downloaded the pass
- How many android devices installed the pass
- How many android devices removed the pass
- Total no. of devices downloaded the pass
- Total no. of devices installed the pass
- Total no. of devices removed the pass
In addition, this report can be
- Exported in Zip format
- Exported in PDF format.
Pass can be duplicated same as campaign...
Click on the Campaign menu -> Passes, Pass list will display, Click on dropdown 'Duplicate'. (Refer the below image to duplicate a pass.)
Passes with Grid view
To display the pass in Grid view, click on 'Grid' icon displayed in the pass list page. Refer the below image...
After clicking on the 'Grid' icon, passes will display in a grid view, Refer the following image..