Pass Type ID
Every Apple Wallet pass has a Pass Type Identifier (i.e. Pass Type ID) and that Pass Type ID is associated with an Apple Developer Program Account (The Apple Developer Program is 99 USD per membership year or in local currency where available.).
Passes are cryptographically signed using a certificate associated with a Pass Type ID. This process establishes the identity of the signer and ensures the pass hasn’t been modified since being signed.
Please follow the below steps to "Enroll in Apple Developer Program", "Register a Pass Type ID" and "Create an Apple Wallet certificate".
1. Enroll in the Apple Developer Program
- Please click this link https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ to get fundamental information and prepare to enroll as an organization.
- Click the "Start Your Enrollment" button at the bottom of the above link
- Create a new Apple ID or Sign if there is an existing one
- Then the webpage will lead to enrollment steps
- Please choose "Company/Organization" entity type
- Fill in all the required fields
- Complete Apple Developer Program purchase
- For more information https://developer.apple.com/programs/; https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/; https://developer.apple.com/support/enrollment/
2. Register a Pass Type ID
2. Under Identifiers, select Pass Type IDs and Click the plus (+) button.
3. Fill in the Pass Type ID Description field and give your ID a unique identifier. (in the form pass.com.your-own-domain-here.descriptor)
4. Double-check your name and identifier then register your Pass Type ID.
3. Create an Apple Wallet certificate
Create an Apple Wallet certificate using MacOs
2. Under Identifiers, select Pass Type IDs. A list of existing Pass Type IDs will appear in the right area.
3. Select the Pass Type ID to generate an associated Certificate. Click Edit on the Pass Type ID.
4. On the next page, click the "Create Certificate.." button.
5. Follow the steps to create the Certificate Signing Request (the CSR file) on a Mac and click Continue.
6. Upload the CSR file from step 5, hit Generate. Then click Continue.
7. Apple has now generated the certificate file. Click Download and save the certificate file to a location.
8. Find the downloaded certificate. Double click to add it to the Keychain. Right-click the certificate inside Keychain Access to export it to a .p12 file.
9. Specify the password to the .p12 file. Remember the password. Click OK and the .p12 file will be generated.
10. Login to TractionNext and go to ‘Account Settings’. Under the ‘Integrations’ menu, Look for the ‘Pass Certificates’ option and click it.
11. Upload the .p12 file and its password from step9.